Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey, legislature, leave them kids alone! (Or "Republicans are mean...")

I'm pretty angry at the Arizona legislature right now. Let me say at the beginning that my job is safe and Katie's might be too, but the cuts they are calling for would make it dicey for her. This is personal, but the big problem is that we will lose funding for the things that help us teach the kids. The proposal for cuts that the GOP is proposing would gut education and social services. Everyone takes a hit, as they will be telling us over the next few weeks, but they are crushing those two areas to make up nearly 40% of the shortfall. Unfortunately, we no longer have a sane (Democratic) governor, so we will have this garbage plan rubber-stamped and the kids will suffer.

That actually reminds me that I'm angry with Janet too. The lunatics are running the asylum now and she knew that's what would happen. And she left us to the wolves anyway. I'm depressed. Republicans are just plain mean.

Thanks for reading. I'll try to do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment