Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Just stay home

We went to the Sinagua Middle School beginning band/choir/orchestra concert tonight. Of course, the kids were great - voice cracks, reed squeaks, honks, string screeches, and all - but I think I can safely say I have never been in a group of people who were more rude, obnoxious, inconsiderate, unpleasant people. Let's take roll, shall we?

Sick and screaming 2-year old? Here for some reason.

Mom of said 2-year old who is too busy talking to her friend to attend to the child? Present-ish.

Parents who both spent the entire time looking at their phones, pausing only to shout "you da man!" like a drunken golf fan between each piece? Yo.

The child of the above parents who thinks we are at a track meet? Here. And gone. And here. And gone.

Grandmother who is hard of hearing and carries on a conversation through the entire concert at a volume more appropriate for a KISS concert? HERE!!!

Innumerable people wandering the aisles before, during, and after each piece? Definitely here.

I am so frustrated with my fellow humans right now. If you aren't here to listen to the concert, please, for the rest of us, stay home!

Sorry I'm so grumpy. Thanks for reading. I'll try to do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment